- received your permission;
- given you notice, in this policy or otherwise; or
- removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT UPON REGISTRATION
When you create or amend your Polleticks account, you provide us with your username, email address, phone number, password, age, date of birth, country, and subnational region (when applicable). Your username and country, will be displayed publicly on our website, including on your profile page and in search results. All other information is used to assist us in making the Polleticks experience more interactive and personalized. Your email address, phone number, and date of birth will not be publicly displayed on the Site, unless you choose to post them publicly.
INFORMATION COLLECTED DURING YOUR USE OF POLLETICKS
We collect and store any information you enter on the Site or you provide to us while using our sites, applications, services, or tools. This may include, but is not limited to:
- additional information you may provide to us via social media sites or services
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as polls, web links that you post, comments);
- information provided in the context of community discussions, chats, or other correspondence through our sites or that are sent directly to us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we receive from you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other Users. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you post, we may use the information we receive from you:
- to provide you with news that is relevant to you;
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement;
- to undertake statistical analysis of demographics, including measuring the differences in a poll, or initiative based on characteristics such as gender, age, and background.
Your identity is kept private when participating in initiatives and polls. Voting records are not publicly displayed on the Website. However, some of your information may be made public or disclosed in the following circumstances:
- WHEN POSTING A COMMENT RELATED TO A PARTICULAR VOTE, YOUR VOTE CHOICE WILL BE PUBLICLY DISPLAYED WITH YOUR COMMENT. FURTHERMORE, POSTING A COMMENT WITHIN A REGION RESTRICTED COMMENT SECTION MAY REVEAL YOUR GENERAL LOCATION TO OTHER USERS.
For the reasons listed above, we encourage you to better protect your privacy by creating a username that will conceal your identity.
Storage of Your Information
We encrypt and store all of your personal information, except credit card information, on secure third-party cloud servers. Credit card information will be stored on separate secure servers that are maintained by a third-party credit card processor, Stripe.
Security of Your Information
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your information. The third-party cloud server provider has commercially reasonable procedures in place to ensure secure data collection, storage, processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to the systems where your information is stored. In addition, we restrict access to your information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know certain information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals and entities are bound by strict confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
If your information is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will promptly notify you that your personal information may have been compromised via email, by posting a notice on our website, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
You can choose not to provide your information, although failing to provide your information may prevent or inhibit your use of the Site and affect our ability to adequately respond to your requests.
If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, you can adjust your account settings to opt out of receiving such communications or choose to unsubscribe from the link in the email that you no longer wish to receive.
Information from Minors
We do not offer our services to, or target, persons under the age of 13. We will remove any information we receive from people we believe to be under the age of 13 from our database and cancel any corresponding accounts.
We use “cookies” to collect certain information from all users, including Site visitors who do not use or purchase anything from us. A cookie is a string of data that our system sends to your computer and then uses to identify your computer when you return to the Site. We use this information to better engage with our users and enhance their overall experience.
Third Party Advertisers and Linked Sites
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY